Saturday, June 23, 2007

Good day! (6-19-07)

After talking a bit with everyone and expressing my disconnected feeling I felt a lot better. Most people said that they had experienced that and that disconnected was the best way to describe it. Luckily we have all been able to get through it. I think there is just a lot to process being here and sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming.

This morning I got up early and ran with carry (a staff person) we didn't run very far but it was really nice. We have to go super early because the streets get crowded and they are really really unlevel. I got back and had breakfast and margo and I went to st. monica's where Kevin and emmay are staying and took showers. Catherine came after her class. It was absolutely amazing to be able to take a shower and they have fair water pressure. Of course it was cold but it was great and we didn't feel like we had to rush. Plus I went poo twice! Yay! I think it was the running and the coffee. Praise the Lord I have late classes Tuesdays and Thursdays so I am going to run those days and shower before school. I will probably try to run sat. too.

I cant remember if I have blogged about my dress and acholi name. if I have o well you get to hear it again-everyone who knows me is used to hearing the same story a few times. So I bought some fabric from a woman across from the internet place named Vicki. She gave me and margo acholi names. Margos is abeh (abay) which means beautiful and mine is lahker (lakay) which means from a royal family. Katie (the one who stayed in the IDP camp) has the same name and since I am older she owes me a chicken..hilarious! well I took the fabric back to her for her to make a dress. I took it back today for her to alter a bit more. I hope to pick it up maybe wed or Thursday.

Phil and I went to town after school and ran a few errands and we met up with margo and bryan and all decided to go to bora bora and have a drink together. It was a nice time to just sit and chat with each other. That's what we do at the house but it was nice to have a change of scenery.

No comments: