Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Briefing again

Good morning everyone! It is about 10:40 here in Kampala Uganda! Last night I had a great dinner at the Backpackers hostile that we are staying at. It was Monday night Uganda night special. So we had authentic Ugandan food. Buttermashed banana (not the sweet kind), grilled cassava (sort of like potato) and veggies (carrots and onions in a tomato sauce and spinach). We had a great talk with sara the schools for schools cooridinator and dr. dan a professor from the united states who teaches in the universities in Uganda. I slept pretty well in my clothes under the mosquito net. I woke up around 5 and used Bryans flashlight to find my stuff to take a shower. It wasn’t freezing but it definitely wasn’t warm. Bryan, Margo, and I watched the sunrise and read and wrote in our journals. We saw monkeys again and had breakfast with Phil and Seth. Spanish Omelettes, toast, banana, and pineapple. It was delicious. We came into the city to exchange money and get last minute things. We are going to go to lunch in the city and then visit a high school. It is one of the top 3 in the country. We will stay tonight at the hostile and then head to gulu where we will be the rest of the time. I am ready to get there so we can unpack and such.
My team is great! We have a quote book and have decided that we are a family here in Uganda! I will write more about them. My plan is to write entries and then just take my laptop to gulu and send them so that I don’t have to pay while I type and think.
Thank you so much for your prayers! My traveling has been great! I will post about the plane and such later!
I will also post my cell phone number too! You can get an international calling card and call me for like 10 cents a minute! i think you should!

2 comments:

Clabby said...

Danielle! I totally thought you were leaving later than you were and even had it on my calendar to call you this week before you left and I failed! Oh well, I am sure you were incredibly busy and you are having an incredible time there. If you have an address, send can you post or send it to my email (clairemroof@gmail.com)?

Love,
Clabby

Michelle said...

That food sounds great! I would love to see what the 3rd top high school in Uganda looks like. I hope they'll let you take pictures.