Sunday, April 8, 2007

thoughts

so far i have posted mostly on events or issues pertaining to my trip. but this post is about something i have been thinking and learning about. because of this trip i have been intentionally asking people to pray for me and sharing what is going on with me and in uganda. i usually try not to focus on myself or get people to think about or focus on me. i usually try to help other people. it has been a humbling and eye opening experience. so many times i have been overwhelmed with people. their first response is to help me out, put me on prayer lists, and get involved themselves. i was reading some friends' blogs and one has a link to invisible children and it says that they are praying for me, one of my friends wants to get involved with invisible children, my mom took me shopping to get stuff for africa, a friend is making me magnets to give out so people will remember to pray, and multiple friends are putting together a show to raise awareness/money. UNBELIEVABLE. God is showing me that i am not alone. He is with me and He has placed people in my life that love me and i can love because He fills me up and He takes care of me and He does that through the people around me. it says in my profile that i am blessed beyond measure and it is true. i guess it makes sense that today is easter, i have been given soo much and i am soo thankful that God is putting me in a place that i can be used and can give others opportunities to help through me. i am not going to africa alone. God is with me and already there and the prayers and support of my friends and family will be with me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

YAY! So true. I am very excited for you and Walter and I support you 100% and are praying for you.