Wednesday, July 4, 2007

6-26-07

Amy got Catherine and I worm pills and they added to my already not ok tummy made me super sick today. I got up and went to the internet after a night of 4 latrine visits, not the best idea. It was really hot and I thought I was going to pass out. I got some water but it didn't help much. I took a boda back and it was the scariest ride yet. He was going so fast that I actually left the seat when we hit a bump. That on top of not feeling well made me tell him "you slow down" pretty harshly. O well they drive crazy and need to be told. I laid on the couch and missed my 12:10 class. I called Patrick and told him I wasn't coming and just slept on the couch. I was able to make my 2:20 class and just took it easy the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with all of your goings-on. I am jealous of some of your experiences, have shared some of them, and don't wish to repeat some (especially the ailments). We had a lady on out trip who went through some disconnection and culture shock. She spent about 3 days with no "movements" just like you!
May I suggest you find something called Albendazol, Metronidazol, Furazolidona, Tinidazol or Secnidazol for parasites. The best is the last. You can probably get it at a pharmacy in Guatemala without a perscription. It is a narcotic, so don't try to bring it here on the plane!!! You only take two pills twice a day, but it kills everything foreign to your body. You might want to wait until your last day in Guatemala to take it. The missionaries in Peru only take it twice a year.
A couple of weeks after your treatment, you should eat yogurt and take acidophillus to repopulate the good stuff.
The culture of "time" in Uganda seems to be similar to Latin America--fresh food, too! I have been and will continue to pray for you!