Sunday, May 20, 2007

I am proud of you

these words have never touched me so much as they have recently. some very special people in my life have recently told me that they are proud of me. not for some great feat that i have accomplished but for going to africa and listening to what the Lord wants me to do and doing it. its kind of crazy because usually people tell you they are proud of you after you have done something. but in my case they are just proud that i am going. its crazy. they are proud that i am following what the Lord would have me do and they have all the faith that i will be effective and accomplish the work He has set before me. its awesome and exciting and very humbling. it encourages me and challenges me and fills my heart. my pastor talked about how God uses creation and scriptures to speak to us and He also uses the church. the people that He has called. i know that He is using the people around me to say that He is proud of me. as usual my post is just my stream of thought and typing that made me stop and take a deep breath. my heavenly Father is proud of me. speechless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

I have to talk to you before you leave...hmm..
call me before that...

jimmy (dge.y.m.ie) said...

i am proud of you! the lord is gonna do something in you this summer. something drastic.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Reading your blog just got me so fired up about getting there myself! I've been praying for you lots and can't wait to hear all about what kind of work God is/was doing in Uganda with Invisible Children!!!