Monday, July 21, 2008

highlights

In my journal I was writing about the thoughts that some of my friends from home are having about maybe moving away and this is what I wrote "whatever happens we are family and distance doesn't change that. I think about being here although it is a short time, I am so far away yet I still feel so close to those that I love back home"

Another thing that God has been showing me is the beauty and blessing in not only accepting but embracing the fact that He gives you just enough for today. It necessitates your dependence on Him and therefore you can not twist your circumstances and try to control them and therefore take the glory. At the same time it saves you from taking too much responsibility for things that happen that you really have no control over. I am seeing that there is an amazing balance in that, like so many things.

Seeing a pic of jude and I that I didn't even know existed! I love that carroll family!

My mom and michelle called! It was so so great to hear from them.

We got to see jovanna take a few steps (jovanna is harriet our cooks little girl she is around 10 months old)

Hilarious that out of the 23 people who pulled over to take a short call on the way to the rhino sanctuary and out of the yards and yards of area we had to go through I was the one that found the hidden barbed wire…oye! Don't worry it wasn't bad just ironic or ridiculously predictable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we miss you and love u very much!!

Kevin, heather, luke & jett

jimmy (dge.y.m.ie) said...

We do miss ya! Can't wait til you get back! Praying for ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey

Wow so you got another owee Leave it to you to find the barb wire Just like your mom always getting hurt Miss you honey Been trying to call again but cant get thru for some reason Hope you are doing well think of you all the time
Love

mom

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad you have internet so we can hear updates on everything that is going on. Just wanted to let you know that we love you, we're praying for you, and Sawyer says he really misses his Aunt D. : )

Laurin