Wednesday, July 9, 2008

7-4-08 happy 4th of july

Apparently we are going to celebrate 4th of july next Sunday.
Today I just got up and got ready for the conference. Unfortunately
there was no water so I didn't get to bath but whatever I am over it
(:
The conference was pretty good. We had a pretty good talk afterwards
about an article we all read. We talked about the tensions between
helping enact change and supporting the movement back to indigenous
education, between modernization but not westernization. It is pretty
interesting.
Anyway then I went to the market and got some fruit..yay. then we just
hung out for a while. Tomorrow group 1 leaves and Catherine and amy
are going to go safari and rafting with them and be back wed.
I am going to start working on blog entries throughout the week (as
much as I can til my laptop dies) so that they aren't so boring.
Hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey

Seems alot is happening to you and around you. I hope you are taking care of yourself at least. I think about you everyday and wonder how you are doing. I know you are a big girl (woman now) but I do worry about you. I love you.

Mom

christie said...

showers are over-rated. and i would love to hear your thoughts on the whole modernization but not westernization, and going back to indeginous teaching...we'll talk at super club in a few : )

love you come home and play soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey honey

I havent gotten a calling card yet but will go today to get one Was trying to call from home and cell but not working Miss you Hope you are doing good I think about you everyday and wonder how you are fareing up to everything going on I bet its different then when you were there before Take care of yourself Hows the bathroom situation going

Love mom