Tuesday, September 2, 2008

recent thought

i was emailing trisha my pabo sister and would love to hear feedback from this idea (especially you teacher exchange kids)
i do get sad when i think about the lack of community in some parts of my life but i just take it as a challenge to foster it where i can. the more i am away the more i realize what amazing people God has surrounded me with and it makes me want to take advantage of all the time i can to be around them and to learn from them and to serve and love them.

4 comments:

jimmy (dge.y.m.ie) said...

Isn't that what blogging is all about? Connecting with other people? I dunno. I guess I'm curious as to what you're thinking.

Danielle said...

community living is a big part of the teacher exchange. it is a big change to go from that to living so secluded like we often do in the states. i think blogs are one way people can connect.

jimmy (dge.y.m.ie) said...

Yeah! I've totally thought about that particularly when I'm driving down the interstate. Everybody is in these little boxes of cars, mainly one person per box, looking straight forward at the road. It's almost eerie, the isolated trek into work every morning.

Matt Michelin said...

Danielle,

Just got the few notes from Amy and my head is spinning again. I certainly have Uganda on my mind! Just thought I'd take a quick tour through the blogosphere and say hello!

Hope all is well with you.

Best,
Matt